|Search more Real Estate News on 98 real estate sites|
PEARL, MI – May 21, 2010 – (RealEstateRama) — More than 175 Mississippi Cottages will be auctioned off to registered bidders at 10 a.m. on June 4.
The cottage units are staged at 346 Beaver Dam Rd., Perkinston, Miss., 39573. The auction will feature one-bedroom, 400 square feet units with feature front porches. The units will be sold as they are. The condition of the units varies from slightly damaged to needing multiple improvements.
No employees from any Mississippi state agency or university are eligible to participate in this public sale. Per Section 25-4-105(3)(b) of the Mississippi Code, state employees/officers may neither directly nor indirectly participate in this sale or receive property offered in this sale.
To participate in the auction, people must register and obtain a bidder number prior to the auction. Bidders may contact Deanco Auction at 877-898-5905 for more information.
To register, a person must present a driver’s license. If paying cash for a unit, the bidder may or may not have to place a 10 percent deposit depending on prior history with Deanco Auction, the auctioneers based out of Philadelphia, Miss.
If a bidder is paying for units with a company or personal check, a bank letter of guarantee must be provided. A 5 percent buyer’s premium will be charged and sales tax may apply.
Proceeds from the sale of these cottages will be used to continue the operations of the Mississippi Cottage program that is currently helping find viable living options for those Hurricane Katrina survivors who still are living in FEMA-provided disaster housing units.
People interested in viewing the cottages online may do so at www.mscottage.org
Media Contact 866-920-MEMA
No related posts.
- FEMA Rebuilding Specialists Providing Advice in Flowood This Week
- Chaney urges Fourth of July fireworks safety
- FEMA Rebuilding Specialists to Provide Advice in Brandon and Vicksburg
- FEMA OFFERS $6.7 MILLION FOR WIND RETROFIT WORK ON COASTAL MISSISSIPPI HOMES
- Real Estate Developer Sentenced to Jail for Filling Protected Mississippi Wetlands
- Mississippi Home Corporation Announces New Home Buyer Advantage Grant Program
- Mississippi Cottages available at auction
- Major Mississippi Distribution and Manufacturing Center Undergoes Renovations
- HUD Announces $45 Million for Affordable Housing and Community Development in Mississippi
- MHC to Promote $40,000 Grant for Purchase of Foreclosed Properties
- HUD ACCEPTS $350 MILLION MISSISSIPPI PLAN TO PRODUCE THOUSANDS OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING UNITS FOR WORKING FAMILIES
- Mississippi Home Corporation to Host Foreclosure Prevention Workshops Statewide
- MEMA Issues Statement About Upcoming Cottage Auction
- Stay Fire Smart During Extreme Temperatures
- Justice Department Settles Housing Discrimination Lawsuit Against Mississippi Mobile Home Park Owner and Managers