|Search more Real Estate News on 98 real estate sites|
Attendees Will Receive Valuable Information about Buying and Owning a Home
Yazoo City, MS – July 17, 2009 – (RealEstateRama) — The Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC) will hold a free Homebuyer Fair on July 28, 2009 at the B.S. Ricks Memorial Library, 310 North Main Street, in Yazoo City, MS from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. The fair will be hosted by MHC, Suttlar Real Estate Company, the Esther Steward Buford Foundation, Fidelity First Mortgage, and USDA/Rural Development. Representatives of the host organizations will answer questions and provide valuable information about affordable purchasing programs, credit scores, and the home buying process in general.
“According to the National Association of Realtors, over 80 percent of Americans still believe buying a home is a good financial decision,” observed Lynette M. Suttlar, Broker/Owner of Suttlar & Suttlar Real Estate, one of the hosts of the homebuyer fair. The event “is going to motivate people to start thinking about owning a home and for those that are on the fence, it will help them to make the decision to get in the real estate market as a homeowner or an investor. We believe stabilizing neighborhoods is very important at this time,” Suttlar said.
Homebuyer fairs provide valuable information about the home buying process from beginning to end according to Dr. Ben Mokry, Senior Vice President of MHC: “In addition to information about specific programs to help families looking to purchase a home, these events inform potential buyers of the responsibilities and benefits of owning their own home.” It’s important to have a good understanding of the requirements of homeownership. “Buying a home is a process, and we help equip families with the information they need to make good decisions while avoiding the pitfalls along the way,” Mokry added.
Anyone interested in the upcoming Homebuyer Fairs or who wishes to learn more about the Mississippi Home Corporation should contact MHC at 800-544-6960 or Lynette Suttlar at 601-503-6610.
The Mississippi Home Corporation was created by the State in 1989 to serve as the State’s Housing Finance Agency. In that capacity, MHC administers the Mortgage Revenue Bond program and the Housing Tax Credit program, among others. MHC’s mission is to enhance Mississippi’s long-term economic viability by financing safe, decent, affordable housing and helping working families build wealth.
Contact: Scott Spivey
Vice President, Corporate Communications
Scott.spivey (at) mshc (dot) com
No related posts.
- FEMA Rebuilding Specialists Providing Advice in Flowood This Week
- Chaney urges Fourth of July fireworks safety
- FEMA Rebuilding Specialists to Provide Advice in Brandon and Vicksburg
- FEMA OFFERS $6.7 MILLION FOR WIND RETROFIT WORK ON COASTAL MISSISSIPPI HOMES
- Real Estate Developer Sentenced to Jail for Filling Protected Mississippi Wetlands
- Mississippi Home Corporation Announces New Home Buyer Advantage Grant Program
- Mississippi Cottages available at auction
- Major Mississippi Distribution and Manufacturing Center Undergoes Renovations
- HUD Announces $45 Million for Affordable Housing and Community Development in Mississippi
- MHC to Promote $40,000 Grant for Purchase of Foreclosed Properties
- HUD ACCEPTS $350 MILLION MISSISSIPPI PLAN TO PRODUCE THOUSANDS OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING UNITS FOR WORKING FAMILIES
- Mississippi Home Corporation to Host Foreclosure Prevention Workshops Statewide
- MEMA Issues Statement About Upcoming Cottage Auction
- Stay Fire Smart During Extreme Temperatures
- Justice Department Settles Housing Discrimination Lawsuit Against Mississippi Mobile Home Park Owner and Managers